Our Process | Happily Ever Gown Preservation
A Detailed Guide to the Dress Preservation Service
When an order is placed on our website.
- An email is sent to the customer to confirm the order and the address for shipping.
- A shipping kit is sent to the customer.
- The kit contains a shipping box, a shipping label, a protective bag, the Gown Detail Form and instructions.
- The package is given to FedEx for shipment.
- A tracking email is sent to customer, for their shipment, once FedEx receives the package. Another tracking email is sent to inform you of the delivery to our facility
The package arrives at our facility.
- Each gown and its accessories are inventoried with control tags.
- Your order number, is the inventory control number used throughout the process. We use the order number for every step including shipment. This gives universal access throughout the process to locate and control inventory.
- Each item is photographed for inventory control, including accessories.
- The Gown Detail Form is examined and any notations from the customer on the form are added to inventory control software. We encourage your input on the form.
- The gown is now checked in to our system and an email is sent to confirm its arrival.
- Repairs are included with our services. Repairs are performed prior to cleaning, when needed, and post cleaning when needed.
- Our goal is to provide each gown with the highest level of care and to ensure quality the owner of our company personally inpects and oversees the process, all day, everyday.
- All gowns are pre-treated for spots and stains. The hem lines are treated, the underarms are treated and a black light is used to look for invisible stains. (white wine stains are hard to see, sometimes, this helps reveal stains)
- All gowns are cleaned individually.
- The gown is inspected after cleaning. Additional spotting and re-cleans are performed as needed.
- Once cleaning is complete the gown moves to our finishing department for steaming and pressing.
Pressing and steaming
- Each gown is hand steamed and pressed.
- After pressing, the gown is inspected again. We check that all request from the Gown Detail Form are completed, that after pictures are sent(request only), that repairs are performed. That stains have been removed. Once our inspector is satisfied, the gown moves to our preservation department and is ready for preservation.
- All materials used for preservation are acid free and of archival quality.
- White gloves service.
- Gowns are placed on bust forms to give them shape and display their beauty.
- Gowns are preserved in a climate controlled clean room.
- The inner box is sealed to protect the gown from the elements, such as mold spores or bugs.
- Nitrogen is injected into the box to help create a sterile environment.
- The completed gown is placed in an outer box to protect the inner box.
- The inner box contains the preserved gown and has a window to view the gown.
Delivery to customer
- Once preservation is complete, the order is finished and ready to be sent back to the customer. An email is sent to the customer to confirm that the order is complete. The customer is asked to confirm any changes to shipping, such as a new return address or to hold the shipment if they are out of town.
- When FedEx picks up the package a tracking email is sent.
- We require FedEx to obtain a signature for delivery. We do this to protect the shipment. This can be waived by the customer.
- An order complete email is sent once the FedEx indicates the order is delivered.
- Minor repairs, such as buttons, seams, small tears and more, are included in the service. Major repairs can be done as well and we can send a quote for this. All most all repairs are included.
- Photographs during the process are available by request only. It must be on the Gown Detail Form for us to know. There are no extra charges for photographs, just remember that we are not professional photographers.
- There are no extra charges for restoration or multiple cleanings.
- We only use GreenEarth Drycleaning. Learn more about the dry cleaning solvent. We do not have access to any other dry cleaning solvent in our facility and our facility has never had any other solvent. We highly recommend that you only use a GreenEarth dry cleaning facility.
- Service times are about 4 weeks with shipping.
Have more questions? Call us anytime. Email us, SMS, or live chat. Even if you do not use our company we are happy to answer questions. We truly care about our service and cleaning wedding gowns.
There is more information on our FAQ page. The link is below.